Chief Operating Officer – Charity
Salary up to £70K•
Our client is a national charity established to help give every child in the UK the best start in life and reduce inequalities in outcomes. They forge partnerships and collaborate with parents, local communities, front-line professionals, service providers, professional bodies, academics and policymakers to create, disseminate and evaluate innovative interventions and drive positive change. Their aim is to improve the health, wellbeing and life-chances of young children of all backgrounds, with a firm focus on tackling inequalities.
We are recruiting for an exceptionally capable Chief Operating Officer to join them at an exciting and crucial time in the charity’s growth and trajectory. The right candidate will be a tactical and strategic thinker, whilst having a tight grasp on the intricate day-to-day operations of the organisation. This is a rare opportunity for an organised and inspirational leader, possessed of high levels of cognitive ability and a passion for the charity’s aims and mission, to join the charity and make a lasting difference.
Key Role Responsibilities/Objectives:
- Reporting to the CEO, partner with them in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and people needs.
- Responsibility for risk management across the charity and accountable to the Risk and Finance Sub-Committee of the Board.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Strong and effective leadership and management of the Operational and Delivery Teams.
- Oversee the charity’s operations and employee productivity, sustaining and developing our highly inclusive culture, ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive business support function through mostly outsourced delivery, including HR, IT and some in-house functions including quality improvement and organisational learning.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that the company’s operations comply with Charity Commission guidance, legal requirements and best practice.
- Lead on income generation activity from Commissioners, working in close collaboration with the Exec Team and fellow SMT members.
- Using data and clear metrics to drive continuous improvement on the performance and impact of the charity.
- Passionate about working collaboratively to improve the health, wellbeing and life-chances of young children with a focus on reducing inequalities.
- Extensive experience in operations and business support leadership at a senior level.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally.
- Excellent lateral thinker.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and highly adaptable.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and stability in challenging situations.
- An engaging, thoughtful, and inspirational leader and strong influencer.
- Experience of the charitable sector would be desirable, particularly in maternity, early years, mental health, family and/or with diverse communities.
- Experience of operating at Board level is desirable.
If you have any further questions regarding the role, please do reach out to us at email@example.com