Chief Operating Officer
Salary up to £60k•
The Company & Role
Our client, a leading charity designed to better the lives of children, are looking for a COO to help elevate the charity’s next chapter. You will collaborate directly with the CEO to help drive the organisation’s vision, operational strategy and people needs of the charity. You will have experience in operational leadership at a senior level and, desirably, have worked in the charity sector, particularly in health, community, family or education.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and people needs.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
- Alongside the Chief Executive, develop and control all operational budgets to ensure that the company has the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company.
- Feed into fundraising initiatives, events and projects and help to ensure success and analysis methods for improvements.
- Develop and maintain project reporting and compliance analysis for all operational areas.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other areas of the business to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all activities in support of overall charitable objectives.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive business support function through mostly outsourced delivery; including HR, IT and some in-house functions including quality and audit.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that the operations comply with Charity Commission guidance and legal requirements.
- Oversee elements of technical project management for development phases of the charity’s app and delivery across different regions.
- Relationship management and collaboration with Trustees to ensure clear vision and operational efficiency in all areas.
- Consider the enablement of data and metrics for the charity to develop sharper methods of measuring and acting on the performance of the charity.
- Drafting and redrafting communications, pitches and updates for fundraising, stakeholders and team communications.
- Extensive experience in operations leadership at a senior level.
- Experience of the charitable sector would be desirable, particularly in health, education, family or community.
- A solid grasp of delivering effective business support functions, including HR and IT.
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and stability in challenging situations.
- An engaging, thoughtful and inspirational leader.
- Experience of operating at Board level.