Customer Service Manager
Salary up to £40K•
Our client designs everything fun for life’s celebrations – partyware, seasonal decorations, heirloom-quality children’s gifts and dreamy dress-up, inspired by the imagination of childhood and rooted in the sophisticated design. The company sells products in 69 countries, in over 5,000 shops and online, the company continues to reinvent the luxury children’s birthday party with couture-quality dress-up and a newly introduced sustainable partyware range. They have offices in Cheltenham, UK and two offices in the US located in Reno, Nevada and Burlingame, California.
They are seeking to hire a Customer Service Manager to be based in their UK office who will bring best practice in managing and developing a team of customer service representatives for wholesale and retail. As their direct-to-consumer business continues to grow 100% year on year, they seek a customer service manager who really understands online customers and the processes needed to support those customer needs. This role is key to the growth of the company as such they will be reporting into the CEO with a dotted line to the head of customer service based in the US.
You like to dig in and roll up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty — especially when your team needs you during a crisis or high-volume time. You like asking questions to understand what’s keeping your team from meeting or exceeding goals and accept it’s your job to identify and remove roadblocks so the team perform their best. You consider the role service has in the organisation as a whole, and understand your team has a big role to play building great experiences that turn satisfied customers into brand advocates and promoters.
Team / People
- Hire and train the customer service team. Responsible for hiring new service employees, identifying the best applicants by getting a good grasp on candidate experience and ability. After hiring, ensure new representatives are properly trained and equipped with the tools they need to be successful.
- Set goals for the team and check ensuring every representative understands their responsibilities and is meeting company goals in a timely fashion. Setting individual goals for each employee and the provision of basic metrics to track progress and growth.
- Deal with employee issues and consequences. If issues arise, managers have to remain calm and set up a plan for recovery. It can be tough laying down the law, but that’s a part of being a manager.
- Set out and maintain an empathetic employee working culture that helps them to be successful.
- Lead the strategy for developing the retail customer service strategy and long-term organisation plan for team growth.
- Managing retail and wholesale customer escalations.
- Enabling the service team to be customer-centric and provide an amazing experience, and doing so by keeping them accountable and removing roadblocks.
- Knowing the organisation’s products inside and out to step in on escalated customer issues that the team is unable to resolve.
- Measuring and reporting to other stakeholders regarding the efforts and successes of the customer service department.
- Continuing to iterate ways to improve performance, efficiency, and efficacy based on metrics and customer feedback.
- Providing insights from customer data to the marketing and sales departments in an effort to continue growing the organisation and reducing churn.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years prior experience in a customer facing management role.
- Knowledge of customer service programs and databases, and the ability to learn new software quickly (knowledge of netsuite, gorgias and hubspot a plus).
- Experience in retail/ecommerce B2C operations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of customers.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgement calls.
- Superior organisational and time management skills.
- Innovative, creative thinking skills to ensure the organization is providing a cutting-edge client experience.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of data protection laws & GDPR.
If you have any further questions regarding the role, please do reach out to us at email@example.com