Front Office Coordinator & Receptionist
Our client, a boutique Investment Banking firm, is looking for a professional, experienced and polished Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist with a passion for high quality delivery, and a keen interest in working in a fast-paced, friendly environment. This position provides a great opportunity to join an ambitious, growing, intercultural team and play a key role in supporting senior management, implementing best practices and being an integral member of the wider team.
- Meet and greet all visitors, external clients, guests, suppliers and visiting internal guests
- Coordination of the reception and meeting space for both internal and external meetings
- Oversee and manage the meeting room calendars
- Answer and field all incoming switchboard calls
- Handle and distribute any post or courier items
- Oversee and train working students
- Perform other ad hoc administrative duties
- Conference room bookings, preparation for internal and external meetings, catering set-up and clean up.
- Checking of all AV/IT equipment functionality on a regular base.
- Main contact and ongoing liaison with Ground Floor reception (including registration of next day’s visitors before 5pm).
- Liaision with RJ Facilities Manager relating to property related issues.
- Take delivery of goods and distributing in-house, arrange courier services and post run when necessary.
- Keep the office information booklet and the overall administration guidebooks and records up to date.
- Placing of catering orders for internal and external meetings.
- Ordering and storing of office supplies, including stationery, binding materials, photocopy paper, drinks and snacks.
- Refill fridges with milk, soft drinks.
- Maintenance of coffee machines (ensure these tasks are done on regular basis: deep clean, daily milk system clean, refill, replace filter, milk tubes and coffee spout).
- Setting up of security passes, and conduct monthly door audits.
- Looking after alarm system, adding new hires and RJ visitors, reporting faults.
- Look after printers, and binding machines – call outs, attending to issues, loading with paper.
- Checking shredder boxes for emptying (confidential waste), and binding machines.
- Allocating RJ visitors and UK head office staff to free working desks.
- Team support with printing and binding presentations.
- Provide concierge service to the entire team, e.g. laundry requests
- Review and adjust the emergency plan and coordinate and communicate any fire drills.
- Help with facilities – arrange access certificates or work permits for contractors.
- Support on office maintenance and facilities matters (a/c, plants, pest control, council inspections, valuation inspections)
- Health and Safety – Fire Warden, First Aider, conduct DSE Risk Assessments for the whole team. General & Fire Risk assessments, fortnightly workplace safety checks.
- Managing students – arranging lunch covers, keeping a record of hours worked, liaising with HR re documents; hours worked etc.
- New Hires and onboarding (business cards, new starter pack, health and safety, alarm system, out of hours practices, emergency procedure)
- Work in conjunction with and cover Office Manager while on leave with office related issues
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in similar role or any equivalent combination of experience
- High level of service orientation, and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent organisation skills and initiative
- Flexibility in balancing competing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and comfortable with multi-tasking
- Working for and wanting to win for the entire team
- Self confident, professional appearance and polished manner
- Willingness to work harmoniously in a small, trusting, non-competitive admin team which operates with a positive energy and a can-do attitude, sharing ideas, information and workloads whenever necessary
- Independent, pro-active approach to work and comfortable working with limited supervision
- Openness to learning new processes as well as offering ideas to enhance current processes
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Good written English
Don't feel ready for the job yet?
Highly skilled, dedicated Personal Assistants without the hassle or cost of hiring. ibLE Virtual PAs invest time in their clients, enabling slick, insightful support.See how we can help