Head of PR, Marketing & Communications
Up to £45k•
The Company & Role
Our client, a leading charity in their sector, are looking for a Head of PR, Marketing and Communications to enhance the charity’s positive social impact. Through expert strategy development and implementation of world-class communication standards, you will be integral part of the charity’s next chapter.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy for the organisation, in collaboration with Senior Management.
- Lead strategic communications to drive the impact of their campaigns and messaging; grow their profile and increase their influence.
- Take responsibility for their overall communications strategy and planning, all their digital activities and the leadership of their brand.
- Develop and execute the delivery of presentations, videos, content and infographics in line with current projects.
- Lead and develop a small team to ensure all details are covered and that there is complete consistency and polish across all comms & marketing streams from the bottom up.
- Provide leadership and direction across member and volunteer engagement, ensuring good collaboration and consistent messaging.
- Manage the relationship with outsourced PR company and ensure they are fully briefed and aligned with the organisational goals and message.
- Bring innovation and best practice to your role, blending creative thinking with organisational operations and strategy.
- Optimise processes within the wider marketing team, evaluate and implement new tools to drive efficiencies and maximise returns on campaigns.
- Bring digital product marketing experience to the team to ensure the app and technical team are supporting in their communications and delivery.
- Work closely with the CEO and COO to raise the profile of the team via thought leadership opportunities, keynote speeches, awards, events, articles etc.
- A strong track record in leading and managing a marketing and communications team, preferably in a charitable organisation.
- A minimum of a degree level or equivalent qualification in marketing/communications.
- An ability to manage staff, within a context of a number of competing, and sometimes very urgent, priorities/demands.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, and an ability to identify, distil and convey key messages in a succinct manner.
- A proven track record in establishing positive relationships with people (internal and external) at various levels, including key stakeholders.
- High levels of creativity in ideas generation and be able to solve problems.
- A high degree of professionalism, business understanding, integrity and credibility.
- Sound computing skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications. Awareness of specialist software, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong digital product knowledge and skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and stability in challenging situations.