Team Assistant & Office Manager
Our client, a renewable energy investment firm, is looking for a Team Assistant and Office Manager to support the team and run the London office. This role is central to the efficient operation of their business. The ideal candidate should be friendly and approachable, highly organised, professional, and with a real interest in promoting sustainability. The job is widely varied, and you should be prepared to turn your hand to anything – whether preparing board packs, organising team events, booking travel or ensuring there are plenty of snacks in the office to keep everybody energised. The client is looking for someone who loves this type of role and gets satisfaction from multi-tasking and being everybody’s go to person.
The Team Assistant will also have management responsibility for the Receptionist. Together you will be responsible for all aspects of office management and front of house.
Office Management, along with the Receptionist
- Ensuring the work environment is professional and welcoming to visitors and fulfils the needs of the staff, including office supplies and refreshments. Ensuring all the fixtures, fittings and furnishings are well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for the relationship with building management, IT and telecoms infrastructure and Health & Safety practices, office suppliers and key service renewals
- Key member of the team to manage office relocation (expected late in 2020 – Central London)
- Supervision of couriers for confidential documents and papers.
- Line manager for the Receptionist and responsible for covering their duties when absent or busy including meeting and greeting guests, preparing meeting rooms, coordinating diaries and the meeting schedule, and providing phone cover.
Meeting & Event Management
- Planning and delivery of all quarterly board meetings, attending and taking minutes if required.
- Managing company events and meetings including team away days, Summer and Christmas parties, family days, ‘Lunch & Learn’ and any ad hoc events.
- Identifying speakers, venues, refreshments and driving the agenda.
Team Assistant Duties
- Proactive diary management of senior team including assessing priorities to enable best use of time.
- Produce documents as required including presentations, letters, reports, meeting minutes and emails, giving a clear, logical presentation, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and gathering input from the rest of the team.
- Filing, printing and document management – scan and print large and complex documents. Ensure documents are managed in a logical and professional manner.
- Travel management (international and domestic: organise itineraries, producing clear and concise schedules for travel and accommodation, arrangements for meetings, conferences and external engagements).
- Setting up candidate interviews to support recruitment.
- Management of expenses for senior team.
The Person Specification
- A friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- An excellent communicator who builds trusted relationships with people at all levels.
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to using their initiative.
- Highly organised, great attention to detail and a focus on getting things done.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a professional office environment in an administrative role and providing high level support at Director level (or equivalent), including complex diary management, document preparation and minute taking.
- A confident user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience of using other office technology to improve efficiency would be useful.
- Excellent writing skills, adept at adapting the style to suit different internal and external communications.
- Experience communicating and engaging people in sustainability in an office environment would be desirable.
Don't feel ready for the job yet?
Highly skilled, dedicated Personal Assistants without the hassle or cost of hiring. ibLE Virtual PAs invest time in their clients, enabling slick, insightful support.See how we can help